5.30.2010

A Farewell to Ash's

Today it happened. BF Ash's farewell. I'm still deciding how I feel about it. It is such a happy thing but a little weird to think that for a year and a half (+) we will be apart BUT doing the SAME thing which makes it much better. We will both be serving full time missions and awesomely awkward SM's. Rocking the nylons and name tags. Five years ago when we first met in Seminary neither of us would have guessed that we would be at this point in our lives TOGETHER. Here we are though and I am so grateful that we are here together, with Ash just a few months ahead of me. Ash will be serving in the Czech Prague mission and enters the MTC June 23rd. I hope to be just a few months behind her, maybe even in the MTC at the same time. (That question will be answered this Thursday, wooo!) I have heard stories of best friends serving in the same mission but that would be too good to be true. I can dream (until Thursday, wooo!)

Ash's farewell talk was so.... Ash. The flow of the talk, the thought process... so Ash. Especially when she admitted that she had/has a "spiritual crush" on Paul and quoted C.S. Lewis. Man, I don't know what a mission takes but I have heard things and from what I've heard and pieced together it sounds like it takes a lot. And I KNOW that Ash is ready, she is going to bring it and bust it up over in Prague. Ah! I can't handle.

Here are a few classic BekAsh pictures. Stay tuned for a SM picture- name tags, nylons and all.




No comments:

Post a Comment