11.15.2010

Just give me a sleeping pill (Syd Haglund) and get me on a plane already!

OHHHH Lovelies! (Weenie when I wrote that I thought of the show you and I watched together this summer, wink wink- remember sorting the laundry- yep me too)
Family I love you and I am SO excited to talk to you tomorrow, everyone gear up emotionally, there will be no crying allowed- only the good kind becuase HELLOOO I'm going to Taiwan. I mean seriuosly let's go already. After 12 weeks in this place I am ready to just be a missionary and teach people and get rejected and all that comes with it. I am so excited bah! The MTC has been a million times better than I thought it would, really. I really loved my time here. I mean I honestly can't believe how quickly it went by, really. But at the same time to get to Taiwan and do the real thing... I can't wait, and yes I am sure I have said that several times before this email, ha.
So first off! DAD and mom but mostly DAD I can't believe no one told me Weston Juarez was coming into the MTC. I saw him on his first day (because my comps and I were pretend missionaries in this Live Teaching deal which is done infront of the new missionaries- it was pretty random). Anyways, oh my I really almost started crying when I saw him becuase of just all that family has been here for pretty much the last 7 years. To see him at the MTC and as a missionary, bah! Amazing. He looks great, and every time I see him I get one loud "Hello Sister DeMordaunt! (side-note- the first time I saw him was pretty funny because I am pretty sure that is the closest an Elder has come to hugging me. kid you not. He really went in for the kill (i mean a hug) and I kid of stuttered and said "whoooops Elder Juarez I can't hug you but I can definitely give you a handshake." pretty funny.
And mom you already know but for the rest of you... Elder Bednar came for Tuesday Devotional! Yep. I have been absolutely spoiled here. His talk was really straightforward and doctrinal. Well actually it was about how to study. He outlined how to study in preparation for pretty much anything- but he taught it specifically towards missionaries. the name of the talk was "the answer is in the doctrine." He stressed how we need to focus more on the doctrine of gospel principles rather than the application of gospel principles. Because if people understand the doctrine then the application isn't a burden, when it might be (like tithing for example). And that as missionaries we need to be answering application questions (which investigators will ask more often than not) with doctrine. It has been super neat to apply this new way of studying things to my personal study topics. This week I have been trying to study faith, becuase our mission war-cry as we call it in Taichung is you xinxin, you banfa (which means - have hope, have way- literally translated) so I am trying to gear up. Something that stuck out to me this week about faith was being diligent/consistent in exercising faith. there are times when it so much easier to have faith than others but it is in the consistency of having faith that it begins to build. I am realizing more and more that in order to really improve and work on improving you have been bring consistency to all areas. It is so the nat man (yep shortened natural- love boo) to be up and down and all over the place- well at least the nat bekah. I feel like that is definitely something I need to work on and will be required of me as a missionary. Oh but seriously, this life is SO good!
So here is the deal with writing in Taiwan- all family I can email but for friends YOU can email and I will hand-write you back, since emailing you would be mostly and yep completely against the rules, mmm them rules are so nice. and plus the address in taiwan is as follows:
404-15
Taiwan Taichung Mission
No. 498-11 Wu Chuan Rd.
Taichung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Ok so I love you and miss you and pray for you! And just love this life and can't wait to get to Taiwan. Becuase you know what- I am letting you all take care of Tuffy for the next 15 months so that cute Taiwanese people with peace signs can be with their families forever. how awesome is our calling?! I mean really! I love this work and this gospel. wo ai ni (yep chinese- google it, or something)

No comments:

Post a Comment