HEY fam!
Real quick... did I mention how much I love you! Ok I am slightly jealous of your current vacation status, but don't worry Mere and I will hold down the fort here in Provo.
And another real quick- umm hello Mack Drzayich works at the MTC and I JUST saw him. Hmmm it seems a few of my friendly people did NOT mention that he was working here. thanks. He looked great though, he is tutoring Senior Couples in Russian. Awesome!
So instead of doing the run through I am just going to share some neat things that I have learned this week/weekend. In other words this might be a bit all over the place.
First off, think about this. First think of the time when we all lived in heaven and 2/3 rds of us decided to follow Christ and come to earth. We chose to come here to have trials and hardships but also joy and happiness. then think of all the people that have lived on this earth trillions I am sure, more even. Since Adam and Eve came, all different times of this earth's history. And then think about how we were all born into this, the last dispensation when the restored gospel is on the earth. Think about how many other different periods of time YOU could have come to this earth and then think about this one. the last days. We know that this dispensation will end with our Savior returning to the earth in all his power and glory. Then think about the country you were born in. The freedoms we enjoy here, particularly religious freedom. then think about the family you were born into, for some it was a family with the gospel already and for many others it was not. then think about the importance of the gospel in your life. Think of how the plan of salvation changes your life and the choices you make. How the ability to repent changes your life. How the knowledge that you have a Savior changes who you are and what you know about your self. think about the knowledge that you have that YOU have a loving Heavenly Father who loves you and knows you.
then think about all the people who have ever lived on the earth or who now live on the earth that don't have that knowledge, that has literally changed your life.
think of the responsibility that gives ALL of us to live what we believe, to share what we believe through our example or through or simple ways of teaching or simply loving as the Savior loves. Every person we come in contact to is a child of our heavenly father and he desperately wants them to return to him. How can we not share what we have? I mean really, how can we not. AND then we are promised that if we bring but one soul back to the kingdom of our father how great will be our joy? Our joy? Really! He just continues to bless us.
Ok another thing- a living prophet. With conference this weekend and after teaching the first lesson a few (so under exagerating) times the fact that we have a living prophet on the earth today is amazing. It really is another sign of God's love for us. He wants us to return so badly that he calls men and women to dedicate their lives to helping us and others return to him. they help us find joy and make our way through the difficulties of life but it doesn't stop there they help us reach eternal life (with our families) in the life to come.
Did I mention that this life is good? Oh wait because it is. It is suppose to be hard be those hard times make the sweet times that much sweeter.
On Tuesday for devotional L. Whitney Clayton (Emily S. yes you dated his son, weird oh wait and so did Berit Greene, bizarre) anywho, he spoke about the stone that was cut out of the mountain which will roll to fill the earth. here are a few quotes that I especially liked
"No cause under the heavens can stop the work of God."
"People will ridicule us, people will call us names- don't worry about it. The day WILL come when this miracle will fill the earth."
"What we are apart of (missionary work) is the greatest miracle since the atonemnet." AND the work going on right now is ONLY the beginning. amazing.
D&C 138. I was prepared for this calling before I came to this earth. We were all prepared and taught for the work (not just missionary work- all work, like raising a family, gaining knowledge, supporting friends, being examples to co-workers) we are doing and will do here on this earth. All of us! So get to it :)
So in other news:
The cupcakes were delicious! Mom really, you spoil me! They were such a treat so thank you. We had an apartment cupcake feast :) also, one of the sisters in my apt is majoring in dance education at BYU so she and I have started doing a 45 min ballet class with grand battemas and all. It makes my day! Gramma Lynne would be proud.
Meliss! I got your package and I am wearing the earrings right now! I love them, such a treat. thank you! I'm still trying to get over that Ash saw BROOKE Larson in Prague. What are the chances? (if you don't know what I am talking about read ashley dean's latest blog post).
Peggy! Ok so thank you again for getting that address. It turns out that Elder Randall got a package from Andrew (and wife) before he even got to write him on p-day. a sister in his district described him getting the package and opening it as being "a holy moment for him." he comes from a totally inactive family who aren't every supportive of him being here.
Mom- I was just walking to class the other day and I thought about Janae Neyman and how much I love her. Please text her as soon as you get this and tell her. She is an amazing women, wow.
SARAH GGGG Stinking abrielson! UM I got your dear elder and there was no address SO send it STAT because I have a letter here waiting for you. Quick quick. p.s. you are practically living in Step UP 3. i'm obsessed. i love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment