The other night I was reading a talk by President Monson called “Finding Joy in the Journey.” He spoke about how change was inevitable, just as time continues to pass every day, every minute, every second so to does change happen. The life of a dear friend of mine changed yesterday, and quickly. She had spent the last four months of her life planning her wedding only to have it postponed when her husband-to-be was seriously injured. Planning. We all have plans and dreams of how life ought to work out.
Two days ago for this friend of mine life was planned like this- wedding on Friday, honeymoon in Mexico, summer married in Idaho and then back to school in the fall. Every single one of those plans is now up in the air. Just thrown up there to hang out and then fall down in some order at some point in time. Plans, our plans, should always come with a disclaimer. Something that reads “BEWARE- may explode” or “Don’t get too attached, things change” or how about “DON’T PLAN!” I have a hard time with this odd relationship between plans and change. How much are you suppose to plan and how much do you leave to change and circumstances out of your control? Help me, help me. I need to become better at this, accepting change. For myself and to help others. All I really know is that there is a plan for our lives, a really big one and really good one if we (I) can just accept change and handle the best way I/we know how. The only thing is that sometimes this doesn’t quite comfort the way it should. When you are in the thick of uncomfortable change that thought of a big plan is sometimes really hard to grasp. So I still need to work on this and learn more about coping with change. If only just to help others because change comes in all forms to everyone, this I know and this I suppose we can all count on!
**But hanggg on! Maybe I don’t because for the next 18 months (after the next 2 and a half while I wait to leave) I will be doing the same thing everyday- waking up at the same time, going to sleep at the same time, essentially talking about the same stuff everyday. Ok, that I can handle!**
matthew 6:34 "take no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."
ReplyDelete(haha... ok i swear i'm not stalking you..... but i am reading your blog) :)