12.12.2010

You're Kidding...right?!

Sailing! You stinkers! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! traitors. me and tuffers- we really are getting the shaft this year. (well actually I can- I knew you couldn't make it 18 months without some awesome trip and I am sure this won't be the last one- I mean freak I haven't even been gone a full 6 months... ha. I love you all!! ) But really send me pictures, get tan for me, and love wearing a swimsuit for me. enjoy sailing!!
So yes the food. I like it. I mean I like some stuff more than others. The potstickers- so delish. The noodles and stuff delish. The bakery goodies- delish. Well really it's all good. There are some issues with texturey stuff- like gooey round things with processed meat in the middle- not a fan. And pig with layers (like skin+fat+meat) I wouldn't choose to eat it normally since I really don't think eating a 2inch chunk of pure fat is good for anyone but hey. BUT ok the fruit here is heavenly. Like really. I can't even tell you. I love it so much. And don't you fret they have all the bueno/kinder bars to last a lifetime. I'm good, real good, maybe fat and happy is a better way to put it. Ha (ok psych no weight gain yet- I sweat it out or run it out. or something). Enough about lame stuff how about missionary work- did I mention I've never been happier. Eek! Whoa! I mean I have been happy before but not consistently for weeks/months on end (oh this is weird- this week marks my one month on island- times flies). I just love it. One of the greatest things is when I am contacting or teaching and I look at whoever I am talking to and think in my head "i love you. you are my sister. like my sister." It really is a miraculous feeling. I'm not describing it properly. But it is something I hope will only happen more frequently.
This week's baptism was Guo Ru Jun. She is a mother of two adorable kids. She is wonderful absolutely wonderful. The lesson she decided to accept opur baptismal goal for her went something like this... We were asking her what she felt like when she prayed. We asked her how she thinks the spirit feels. And then out of no where she said "ok! When can I get baptized?!" Like in a louder than normal Taiwanese way. now she is baptized and really recognized the spirit. I loved seeing her at her baptism and watching her with her kids and just thinking about how this gospel and her decision will change their lives forever.
Also last week- remember Liao yi chun. Well she doesn't have much personality to her (i say that in the nicest kindest way possible) she just is very meh about everything. WEll she used to be meh BUT since getting baptized like just a week ago she has changed. She is so excited and happy all the time. I swear she is a completely different person. She told us that her mom and friends have all notcied. Haha and! when we saw her on Thursday she said "I hugged my friend at school today!" Like she was so excited that she did that! Its amazing to see how the gospel can change people- right before your eyes.
This week...no baptism scheduled. We are praying/looking/dilligently working on a miracle week A drop-in (one of our progressing investigators with a later baptism goal switches to this week). Li Dai Lin- her sister hasn't met with us yet, bummer. BUT she still wants to get baptized so badly so pray that her mom will get over her fandui (protest) and let her get baptized. She could be our week-a drop-in with a miracle. which remember they happen, eeeek! ilovethislife.
So a few odd things: Sister Howard and I decided to go caroling for a really you banfa (have way- you know mission motto- have faith, have way. yep and now I understand why chinese people speaking english is so absurd. i fear my letters will/are getting progressively worse in grammar, etc. whoops) way of tracting. It was pretty hilarious. So everyone we talked to was really uncomfotable. like really. they would ask questions like.. "wait you want to sing to just me?" or "you want me to sing with you?" or "no no, please no" my favorite was singing into the little doorbell/speaker things and having people say "bu yong" (which means no use) a billion times and then finally hanging up. There was one lady that was cool with it. We sang silent night and we all felt the spirit but that was the only success. We only did it for a half hour or so but we were pretty much busting up when all was said and done. PRetty hilarious to see the variety of reactions.
Also, don't worry everyone in Taiwan officially knows what garments/garmets/g- babies look like. bikes+skirts+"white biking shorts" super great. I try to keep it under control but its windy here, really! ha.
OHHH! Eagle Primary I love you! I got your package and loved it. The ornaments are hanging on all the doorknobs in our apartment. And getting to listen to the christmas songs knowing someone little kidos that I love were singing them, such a treat! I love you all! Keep singing Called To Serve because that song becomes a reality in no time. and its the best time ever. so sing it with gusto!!
And on that package note the address: I have no idea. Whatever address the eagle primary used got to me. and same with Grandma Demordaunt and coach j.drzayich. they've all made it.
Shout out to Molly i love you Huish! Happy Birthday LADY!!! 22 and still so hot and official adult-ish in DC... check your mailbox...soon?!
This life is SO good! I love you all oh SO much! Eeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment