12.06.2010

The God I Believe (definitely) worked on a Campaign Trai

So the title of this email is .... The God I Believe (definitely) worked on a Campaign Trail....
because there are miracles. Like real ones in the mission field. It's so beautiful you should all come join me, in a bit. This life is so good! Don't get tired of hearing me say that, mk.
So here are a few miracles and I hope I explain properly because I'm not sure if I can.
On Saturday we had another baptism which makes for 6 weeks (next week is Guo ru jun- she will make for 7 weeks- WHAT!) in a row that this area has seen a sister baptism. It really is an amazing area, the people here are so prepared. Liao yi chun got baptized on Saturday and she was much more calm and put together than I thought she would be. After being baptized she was beaming. Yi chun was investigating the church with her friend, Li Dai Lin. They both wanted to get baptized together but Dai Lin's mother has some major fandui(she is strongly opposed to the idea). We are trying to work with Li Dai Lin on this since she is 19 and doesn't turn 20(the age when they can get baptized without parental concent) for another 10 months or so. This past week we had plans to go over to Dai Lin's house in an attempt to meet her mother. On Thursday we had a half hour of time which was intially scheduled for a 1st lesson that fang-ed(means they were a total no-show) us. So our back-up plan was to go visit Dai Lin's mom. As we were heading over there, with a note for Li Dai Lin we pulled up to a stoplight and began contacting. Sister Howard, as fate would have it, started contacting Li Dai Lin's older sister. It was a miracle becuase as she talked to her she was able to talk about Dai Lin wanting to get baptized and her mother, etc. I mean really!!! Of all the TON and TONS of people in our area and who do we pull up next to but one of our most desirable baptism candidates. It was TOO good! Her sister even set up with us. Stay tuned becuase maybe we will have a family affair. It really was a miracle. Dai Lin wants to get baptized so very badly.
Ok crazy story this one is...we were contacting on Thursday at the local university. I contacted into a mom - prego with a 2-year old son. I talked to her for a while on the side of the road. Bascially about how she is a daughter of God and she can be with her family forever and how the gospel can bring untold (nope can't say that in Chinese, don't worry) happiness. She set up to meet with us on Friday morning and all in all a super solid add. So Friday morning roles around and (we think) she fang-ed us. Not the case but thats what we thought. (oh and her name is Wu something something) So that night we called her and she answered and explained that she was about two doors down from the church and just got this scary dark feeling that she shouldn't go to the church so she turned her car around and went home but kept thinking about us/the church. When we heard this, oh man... Satan. Just kick him in the face real quick because for real. She is ready. We are meeting with her tomorrow morning and I really think she is going to come. I am so excited to see what happens with her.
Hmmm our deaf investogator, you mei, who we lovingly call yummy, is getting baptized on christmas. Wonderful Christmas gift don't you think. She is amazingly solid. She picked her own baptismal date and everything. Pretty amazing investigator.
Well I think that's about it. Every once in awhile it hits me that umm I'm living in Taiwan speaking Chinese and being a representative for the only true church. Seriously, how awesome is my calling! Man I love it! Glad you got the DVD from the president, haha that seems like eons ago. Weird!
p.s. Ash Dean It is pretty crazy to think of you all bundled and tracting and baptizing in pools. I love you lady! Check your mail there is a little letter on its way to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment