1.03.2011

One down...weird...

Well since my last email stufffff has changed..... I have a new companion! She is a native- from Taipei- on her last move call- so I will kill her here in Tainan (yep luckily I'm staying here because this place is still stinking golden- I will be here at least until April, perfect. love it.) Sister Tung. She is crazy- in a good way, doesn't speak much English. Welll actually like none so here I go. I'm pretty excited. This is going on hour 3 with her and so far we have cleaned the apartment like crazy and now we are off to buy food. Word on the street is she makes her companions Taiwanese breakfast every morning. I'm kind of exciteddddd! And hopefully my chinese will get a little kick in the bum and improve with a native. BUT it is so weird to be on my own, no mom (trainer) anymore. I mean of course I will continue to learn but the title "trainee" well that's no longer me. Sister Howard - I will miss her. I think heavenly father knew we had a little too much fun together, ha. Weird first transfer done, clearly all this change is still sinking in. hmmm. That will be one thing I will learn to like on the mish I suppose. Ok enough of this boring cheeseeee.
So last Saturday we had another baptism of a investigator -Tina- I have definitely never told you about becuase guess what... she met with us for two weeks and last time I wrote we had only met with her for one. Oh and she read the entire Book of Mormon in 3 days. Yes, kid you not. And pretty much ate up every lesson and begged to get baptized on Jan 1, 2011- they have a thing for cool dates here. And oh perfect she had been to church a few times before we met with her becuase oh wait her brother is a member who served a mission in Hong Kong. Holy it was amazing!!! She was beyond prepared! So at the baptism her brother shared his testimony and said that the entire time he was on his mission he prayed everyday that his sister would join the church. He referred her to the Taichung missionaries but at that time she had no interest. Then, just two and a half weeks ago a missionary in another area street contacted her and in their referral they said she wasn't really interested. But we still called her and set up a time to meet - she fanged (didn't show up) her first lesson but we re-scheduled. And then from the first time we met til this last saturday was two weeks. Yep baptized in two weeks, ridiculous. She LOVES everything about the church and asks outstanding, legit questions. Oh man! I tell you what Tainan is the land of milk and honey.
OH!!! Before I forget.... I got the Christmas package last Tuesday! Bah! I loved it! Seriously it was so great to get love from so many of my favorite people in Eagle!! Seriously, I absolutely loved it. The pj's- well I felt a little scandalous opening the VS pj's but they are oh so comfy and cute. And the food and treats was so good (yep pretty much gone :) )
So its a bit colder here in Tainan right now, this humid cold, its pretty cold and windy. But they say it doesn't last for very long. We'll see.
Ok so, we get to talk on Guonian (chinese new year) ya ya but this is something so annoying as a missionary here. So Guonian isn't for another month BUT a big thing is to clean your house before Guonian and SO when we are trying to set-up appointments with people we are starting to get a "guonian" excuse. Which basically means they have NO time to meet with us for the next month because they are cleaning. Are you kidding?! It's pretty dang annoying and it only gets worse as we get closer to Guonian.
Besides that I don't have much and we have to go buy fooood. This life is so good! And seriously this whole missionary work is SO dang awesome well that's one big secret that people kept from me. So here is a good little sentence of goodness "the only difference between a trial and an adventure is your attitude."
mmm i love you all soooo much! I hope Christmas break has been lovely- maybe you kissed someone on new years or something and mere mere i really hope you love being 19 (good news is I was in bed at 9:45, ohhh the scandal)
shout outs:
Ash dean/sestra dean: I LOVE that talk. Seriously, love it. thanks for thinking of me!
claudia and crew: the kids are ADORABLE thanks for sending the pics. love you!
mr.hangman: nice pic. 2 racoons and a cat+ your car tires=.....

No comments:

Post a Comment